Tomoko Kitaoka lives in Misasa town, which is famous for Mt. Mitoku and the Misasa Hot Springs (both are listed as Japan Heritage Sites). Her goal is to have guests from around the world fully enjoy Misasa and San-in. Contributing to the local community by using her language/guiding skills is her greatest pleasure.
“Experiential” is the key word for Tomoko’s tours. She shows the guests around in the area with her great “local” perspectives and network.
She is good at guiding in Eastern/Central Tottori, and is gradually expanding her work area to Western Tottori, Shimane, and eventually Okayama, Hiroshima, and Kansai region (She owns a national guiding license).
- FAM Trip (Central Tottori, in English)
- Bus Tour（Eastern/Central Tottori, in Japanese）
- Sister city agreement between Tottori Prefecture and Westmoreland, Jamaica
- Memorandum of Understanding on Advancing Exchange Relations between Tottori Athletics Association and Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association
- Jamaica Track and Field Seminar
- Friendship agreement between the San'in Kaigan Geopark Trail Council and the Kythera Hiking Project
- Frolic Sea Adventure Park Uradome
- World Trails Conference 2016
Travel guidebooks, Ryokan (Japanese inn) website, Event fliers,
Product descriptions, etc.
|Area||1. San'in Kaigan UNESCO Global Geopark Area, 2. Yazu, Chizu and Wakasa Area, 3. Mt. Mitoku, Misasa Hot Spring and central part of Tottori Area, 4. Daisen and Hoki Area, 5. Sakaiminato and Mihonoseki Area, 6. Matsue and Yasugi Area, 7. Izumo Taisha Grand Shrine Area|
|Standard Guide Fee||Tour guiding: from 3,000 yen per hour
Interpretation: from 4,000 yen per hour
Translation (Japanese <-> English): Depends on the types/urgency of translation.
Please contact directly for details.
|Terms of Payment||Individual Travelers: Pay in cash when tours completed
Companies: Bank transfer (negotiable)
|Unavailable Days/Periods||Nothing particular|